Cruel Necessity (Deluxe Edition)
Price: 69.00 €
3 items in stock
Cruel Necessity is a solitaire game simulating the military, political, and religious struggles of the English Civil Wars. You attempt to stop the advance of four armies bent on destroying Parliament and Puritanism, whom you represent. Simply holding on to London is not enough; you must also suppress the enemies of Puritanism, Parliamentary Government, and English domination.
There are civil wars going on not just in England, but in Scotland and Ireland too; and each will have varying impact on the play of the game at different times.
The title comes from the purported response to the beheading of King Charles by his implacable foe, Oliver Cromwell, who remarked that this act of regicide was a “Cruel necessity.”
Deluxe edition changes:
- This is a deluxe new edition of the classic solo game.
- It will be printed with super high quality components.
- The box, board, and counters will be thick and mounted.
- The player aids will have the largest font possible and be on nice quality card stock.
- The values, and thus the impacts, of the Achievement cards have been changed.
- Errata from the classic VPG edition has also been included.
- One full color Rulebook including designer's Notes
- One large mounted game board
- One Player Aid
- 75 cards
- One sheet of thick, two-sided, multi-shaped game pieces
- One blue (Parliamentary) 6-sided die
- One red (Royalist) 6-sided die