Fortress Europa, Designer Signature Edition
Prix : 73.00 €
1 produit en stock
Fortress Europa, Designer Signature Edition, marks the return of a true wargaming classic by John Edwards, faithfully remastered and updated with this all-new, supersized edition. Celebrated by many as the successor to The Russian Campaign, this two-player game recreates the Allied campaign in Western Europe from D-Day to March 1945.
This edition of Fortress Europa features a super-sized map and counters and is yet another Classic Reborn! by Compass.
The time is: June 1944
For over two years, the Allies have been gathering their forces in England, preparing the final plan and its execution. Over three million men have been assembled in England and Africa. The Allied Strategic Air Forces relentlessly strike at railroads, road networks, bridges, and industrial complexes in Germany, France, Belgium, and Holland, attempting to soften up the German defense and stow German production.
The target is Hitler's Fortress Europa.
The Germans have a million and a half men to protect the Atlantic coast of Holland, Belgium, and France, as well as the Mediterranean coast of France. Believing the war will be won on the beaches, they have fortified much of the coast with mines, bunkers, barbed wire, flooded areas, and weapon positions: The Atlantic Wall.
Fortress Europa recreates this epic struggle during the Allied campaign in Western Europe from D-Day to March 1945. The Allied player must select an invasion site and make a successful landing, breakout of the beachhead, drive across France, and push deep into Germany. The German player must prevent the Allied invasion or else conduct an orderly withdrawal across France, constantly delaying the Allies, and then counterattacking in lhe winter.
This Designer Signature edition of the classic John Edwards game includes super-sized components; larger game map and 5/8" counters. Some of the enhancements made in this edition include:
• Super-sized components feature 5/8” counters and two game maps
• All artwork and info updated
• Unit counter artwork embellished to include reduced strength, optional air units, and additional utility markers
• Charts and Tables available on the game map and on separate player aid cards for convenient referencing
• Re-designed and enhanced player aid cards
• Enhanced ergonomics are built into the set up and reinforcement charts (with helpful game play reminders)
• Revised Sudden Death Victory Conditions
• All new Invasion Sequence Chart to facilitate game play
• Rules presentation honors the acclaimed TAHGC edition with formatting improvements and a more formulized Sequence of Play
• All errata from TAHGC edition have been incorporated into the rules
• Minor rules adjustments; no major changes to the Standard Game
• Revised and expanded optional rules based on extensive playtesting
• Updated scenarios with fine-tuning to maximize play balance
Complexity: 6 out of 10
Solitaire Suitability: 7 out of 10 (no hidden units)
Time Scale: one week per turn
Map Scale: 25 miles per hex
Unit Scale: divisions, brigades, regiments, and battalions. Abstract naval and air units.
Players: one to two, best with two
Playing Time: 2-4 hours for scenarios, 8+ hours for campaign
Two maps (43 x 34")
Three countersheets (5/8" size)
Two Player Aid Cards, 2-sided (duplicates)
One German Player Aid Card
One Allied Player Aid Card
One Aircraft Mission Chart, 2-sided
One German Initial Game Set-up Display
Two German Arrival Schedule Displays
One German Battle of the Bulge Order of Battle Display
One Allied Initial Game Set-up Display
One Allied Arrival Schedule Display
One Allied Battle of the Bulge Order of Battle Display
Two, six-sided dice
Box and Lid
Designer: John Edwards
Developer: Randy Heller
Artist: Bruce Yearian
Package Design: Bruce Yearian and Brien Miller
Project Director: John Kranz