Panzer Exp. #3: Drive to the Rhine - The 2nd Front
Prix : 65.00 €
Rupture de stock temporaire
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to play this expansion, you will need a copy of the basic Panzer game; ownership of Panzer Expansions #1 and #2 is NOT required.
Panzer Expansion #3 shifts the action to the Western Front where the US and British forces drive the beleaguered German units across Western Europe and into the very heart of Germany.
The Reference & Scenario book includes a host of new optional rules covering Suggested Initiative, Spot Removal, Delayed Reaction, Bocage Country, Defensive Fire, and many others including complete rules and reference tables for airborne and glider operations. A few new special units, like the Churchill Crocodile flamethrower tank, stoke up the action to a new level.
You will find no less than twelve versions of the Sherman tank in both US and British livery, Cromwell tanks, Hellcat, Jackson, and Achilles tank destroyers, Greyhound and Humber armored cars, anti-tank guns, four new aircraft and many others. The Germans are also well-represented with the Marder III, StuH 42, Jagdpanther, Jagdtiger, Hetzer (including the flamethrower version), SPWs, PSWs, and more.
The ten scenarios include seven historically based and three actual historical scenarios that cover a wide range of action on the Western Front between US, British, and German units including the two clashes between the British 7th Armoured Division, Panzer Lehr, and the SS Tiger tanks at Villers-Bocage.
Also included is a detailed Tables of Organization & Equipment (TO&E) book outlining eight US and British (Commonwealth) divisions. The German formations include Panzer Lehr, two Panzer Brigades, and s.SS-Panzer Abteilung 101.
Ownership of Expansions 1 & 2 is not required to field the German forces, they are all included here. However, this expands on those German units included in the first two expansions – no unit IDs are duplicated. Combine the German units from all three expansions to create customized scenarios on either the Western or Eastern Front.
Finally, this expansion includes the next 4 double-sided geomorphic mapboards, modeling the terrain found in the close confines of the French boscage country and many other features as the Allied forces push into the heart of Germany. Add these 4 geomorphic mapboards to the 6 geomorphic mapboards from expansions 1 & 2 for added play and many possible battle combinations.
• British Churchill Crocodile
• British 2-pdr Littlejohn Adapter
• British FO tanks
• German Schwimmwagen
New Optional Rules
• Morale Vehicle Bailout
• Road/Path Movement [Expanded]
• Removing of Spot Counters
• Staggered Initiative
• Recon Unit Capabilities [Expanded]
• Airborne Operations – Paratroops & Gliders
• Bocage Country – new rules for hedgerows expanding the possibilities for the West Front.
• Artillery Air Bursts
• Dismounted FOs
• Delayed Reaction
• Vehicle Assault Cover
Scenarios [10 included]
• Chance Encounter: Vehicle only scenario pitting the US VII Corps against the German 7th Army in the twisting network of hedgerows that dominated Normandy, August 1944.
• Higher Ground: Vehicle only scenario of a clash between the British 7th Armoured Division against the German Panzer Lehr Division around Caen, June 1944.
• Operation Tonga: Canadian 1st Parachute Battalion in action on D-Day. Features parachute landings and nighttime limited visibility. A real challenge for both forces with multiple objectives.
• The Village: Historical scenario with dedicated map of the US 4th Armored Division in action at Singling against the 11th Panzer Division, December 1944.
• Hell on Wheels: The US 2nd Armored Division in action against Panzer Lehr, July 1944, in the tight hedgerow country.
• Among the Hedgerows: The US 3rd Armored and 30th Infantry Divisions in action amongst the hedgerows against the 2nd Panzer Division, August 1944.
• Villers-Bocage, Morning: Historical scenario with dedicated maps of the British 7th Armoured Division in action at Villers-Bocage against the 2nd Company, s.SS-Panzer Abteilung 101 under the command of Michael Wittmann, June 1944.
• Villers-Bocage, Afternoon: Historical scenario with dedicated maps of the British 7th Armoured Division in action at Villers-Bocage against Panzer Lehr and the 1st Company, s.SS-Panzer Abteilung 101, June 1944.
• Out of the Mist: The US 4th Armored Division in action against the 11th Panzer Division, September 1944. Features limited visibility with variable effects.
• Glorious Goodwood: The British Guards Armoured Division runs headlong into the German 21st Panzer Division and the 503rd Heavy Tank Battalion with its dreaded Tiger II tanks, July 1944.